Hi JES Family!
My name is Allie Yancey and I will be one of the Challenge teachers that serves 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. This will be my 18th year teaching elementary students, and the last 13 have been in the gifted classroom. This will be my 3rd year at Jackson Elementary, so I'm very excited to see my returning students and meet many new ones! My classroom is in room 103, so please feel free to drop in and say "Hello!"
5 quick facts about me!
* Teaching is a second career for me! I was in non-profit management for almost 10 years. I much prefer teaching!
* My husband and I have an adorable little boy (Coker) who is 5 years old.
* We have a white Maltipoo puppy and my son named him Thumper!
* I love to travel! Italy and Hawaii were my favorite vacations, but Seagrove is my "happy place!"
* I was born and raised in Georgia and had the luxury of growing up on Lake Lanier!
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about the Challenge program!